Regarding using filler for under eye dark circles and under eye bags, do you inject your filler superficial or deep?Friday, July 1st, 2011
Under eye dark circles and under eye bags can be due to many different reasons. Each patient needs to be evaluated for their specific cause for their problem. The following is a list of several different contributing factors for under eye dark circles or bags:
1. Presence of an under eye fat bulge or orbital fat
2. Hollowness of the superior cheek or groove
3. deficiency of the inferior orbital rim (the cheek bone supporting your eyeball)
4. Hyperpigmentation of the lower eyelid skin
5. Thin under eye skin with visibility of underlying veins and muscle
6. Overly dark under eye muscle
7. Increased vascularity of under eyelid skin and fragile leaking veins
Several of these factors might be present at the same time and can contribute to the appearance of under eye dark circles or bags. These need to be identified and treated accordingly.
Sometimes filler needs to be placed deeper and sometimes more superficially. Some of the above factors have yet to have a dependable treatment. During your consultation we will go over all the factors that are contributing to your problem and what can or can't be addressed.
The end result should be natural looking without appearance of lumps or problems.
By Dr. Gal Aharonov